Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Skinny jeans - they're not for everyone

I'm just going to come right out and say it:  skinny jeans are not for everyone.
I realize this is completely un-PC given the abundance of blogs out there with headlines like, "can curvy girls wear skinny jeans?  absolutely!"

This has resulted in fashion disasters like this:



Women who have a bit of a hip need to balance it out with a bootcut / flare leg.  See how great these two models look below?  Much more proportional. 



If you are one of the lucky few who, at our age, is still skinny enough to wear skinny jeans, then here are some super cute options for you:

J Brand 901 Jean Leggings
$150 Shopbop

AG Stilt
One of my favorite jeans in the world.  I own 3 pairs!
$164 @ Shopbop




1 comment:

  1. Personally I think the skinny jeans look better on curvy women. I thought skinny jeans were made to show off YOUR CURVES!!! What's this point of wearing them if you have nothing to show off.....but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete