Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fall Wishlist #4: JCrew Booker Boots

Have you noticed how hard it is to find a pair of simple, good quality boots?

Everything these days is either cowboy (think Frye) or motorcycle inspired.  Yuck to both.  I especially hate Frye boots.  Leave aside the fact that they fit horribly - the bigger philosophical question is - why the hell would I want to look like a cowboy?

Anyways, I've gone 3 seasons without buying a new pair of boots because I can't find one that looks normal.  So my hunt for the perfect boot started early this season. 

What I really want is this Chloe buckle strap boot ... $975 hurts a little but I was going to justify the cost by telling myself that it'll go with any outfit and I can get many years of wear out of it.  To be honest,  neither statement is particularly true. 


Chloe Buckle Strap Boot $975
 Happily, I saw this boot on J.Crew's fall catalogue.  Is it as fabulous at the Chloe boot?  No.  But it is a close alternative?  Absolutely.  Plus they always do a 20% off boot sale sometime in September/October - so I'll just wait and snag these beauties in black and brown when they go on promo.  Two boots for less than the price of one- who can beat that?  :-)


J.Crew Booker Boot $298

No comments:

Post a Comment