Friday, September 2, 2011

Iconic watch: the Cartier Tank Francaise

For as long as I remember, I have always loved the clean lines of the Cartier Tank Francaise:



But when RY offered to buy me one for my birthday a few years ago, I felt frivolous spending so much money on a watch (I know, I know ... what was I thinking???!!!!)  There we were in the jewelery store near the Spanish Steps in Rome, and I kept insisting on buying another less expensive watch.

Lucky for me, RY knew me well enough to disregard my temporary moment of insanity and bought me the Cartier.  Nearly 2,000 wears later, I am still as enamored with this watch as I was 10 years ago.  It's simple, elegant, classic, and goes with any outfit.

Lesson learned:  if you're going to wear something every single day for the rest of your life - take the splurge and get something you really want - you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment