Thursday, August 11, 2011

EZ makeup: how to get the glow

There's no secret about the fact I'm a total makeup junkie.  If it's out there, I've tried it.  I can be a 1-man cosmetics & skincare review board.  Lately I've been looking especially haggard trying to juggle baby, work, and life.  So I've been obsessed with how to get the glow (when really I look like a dead, dried out house plant). 

First - start with a primer.  You apply this after your moisturizer but before you put on anything else. The primers will fill in fine lines & pores, while creating a nice glow.
Benefit "That Gal" brightening face primer 
Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer

Second - lightly apply a powder foundation.  I've recently started using this Shiseido compact and I love it.  Great coverage, easy to apply, v. light.
Shiseido Sun Protection Compact Foundation SPF 34

Third - apply a brightener under your eyes.  This is the easiest way to look absolutely amazing - a little dab under the eye goes a long way and looks incredible in pictures.  If you did 1 thing out of this routine, I would recommend you do this one.
YSL Touch Eclat

Fourth - apply blush or bronzer.   Go with a blush if you're trying to achieve a dewey look.  Go with a bronzer if you're going with a sun kissed beach look.  If you're going with the brozer, go easy and don't forget to do a light dusting on your nose. 
Smashbox blush in Paradise -- this blush is AWESOME!  Very subtle and makes you look fresh & dewey.
DiorSkin Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder

1 comment:

  1. I think I am gonna go buy this entire list. Today. Love this BLOG!

    ReplyDelete