Thursday, August 4, 2011

My wishlist for fall (and how to get it cheaply!)

Even though it's August and most of the country is in sweltering 100+ degree heat, I am ready to start planning my fall wardrobe.  In the next few posts, I am going to share my fall wish list, and ideas for how to pull together outfit that looks v. similar to the inspiration photo for a fraction of the cost!

Here's why I adore this inspiration outfit:
1.  The skirt is super versatile and you can wear it in a million different ways - with a cream/white colored top, any sort of print (as long as it has a bit of orange in it), with black, with grey, etc.
2.  The top is super versatile - I would pair it with a pair of black jeans or black leggings.  Forget the old saying about how you can't pair blue and black - it looks completely chic! 

The inspiration outfit is ~$1,200 (including tax and shipping).  To be honest, I think the skirt is worth the investment - you really can wear it a million different ways and it's hard to find that shade of orange.  Below are some suggestions, all <$20 that will also give the same look/feel.

[hint: click on the word "orange/blue fall inspiration" below - it'll take you to my polyvore site so you can see where to purchase]

Orange/Blue Fall Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment