Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Very flattering black maxi dress: same designer - $233 v. $71.99

I find that the older I get, the less I like to show skin.  Maybe it's because I live in SF so there's no sun (and hence I'm sickenly pale).  But more likely it's because I haven't had time to work out and there's too much flab on my upper torso.  Anyways, I've been looking for just the right coverage - sexy, yet 80% covered.

This was my favorite purchase this summer - a simple, waist-defining maxi dress from Rachel Pally.  You might think I'm insane for spending $233 on a jersey dress, but there's good reason for this.  Rachel Pally's fabric is just the right weight - thick enough to hide bulges while remaining extremely fluid.  Typically jersey dresses in a heavier weight fabric look like a semi-sweatshirt; there's very little movement because the fabric is too rigid.  Trust me - it's gorgeous - and I feel like a skinny mini when I wear this.

Rachel Pally Barbora Dress
There's a similar version to this dress now available on Piperlime for $71.99.  Rachel Pally designs an exlusive line for Piperline ... I don't know if she uses a lesser quality fabric (since the retail price points are lower).  But for $71.99, it's worth a try.


Rachel Pally Exclusively for Piperlime Tube Maxi Dress


3 comments:

  1. I have the Barbora Dress! Awesome blog, great taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like the barbora dress..but I would chop off a little off the length.. Hmm why is the pepperlime cheaper..if its the same fabric..cut and close to the original than I would go with the pepperlime line....tash I can so picture you in the barbora dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with light pink long sleeve dress.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete